New Features and Fixes in JoomD v2.4.0, the Content Construction Kit for your website
These are some of the new features and Bug fixes in JoomD’s next version scheduled for release in June 2013.
- Fix Subscription App’s Test Mode bug.
- Paypal API Update. JoomD is currently using the old Paypal API with no Authentication which is present there in the latest Paypal Payments API.
- Preparing JoomD for Joomla 2.5.9 and Joomla 3.0.
- AJAX Removal in the JoomD backend Control Panel.
- The Frontend Dashboard with Modular Blocks for My Items, My Saved Items, My Packages, My Newsletters, My Reviews etc.
- Ability to convert an Item into a product with Pricing setup in the backend, Downloadable Files after purchase, Add to Cart button in the frontend. As of now, it has to work for Digital items only.
- Import Export will have some improvement.
- In the Backend Control Panel, Moving all the Directory Types to the Second line so as to make it look separate. Right now it’s so much of a mess there.
- Merging the App Installer with the Default Installer.
- ACL needs some fixing.
- Replacing the current Editor with Joomla’s Default Editor as set in Global Configuration. So whatever Editor is defined in Global Configuration as the Joomla default editor would show in the JoomD as well.
- Replacing Flash Image Uploader with Normal image upload function in the Backend and Frontend.
- Removing AJAX instances in the frontend Control Panel views.
- Custom Notifications Template Manager.
- Report a Bug button in JoomD backend to report bugs instantly.
- AJAX Removal on Scroll and Load on frontend. Adding Pagination instead which will reload the page for every next page .
- Ratings and Reviews System – Ajax Rating and Simple Review System – Option to enable it for registered users. Option to Enable Facebook Commenting module. Layout needs to be improved. Option to display no. of reviews below each listing in details and list layout. Option to enable Captcha for reviews. Option to enable RSS feeds for reviews. Option to display Date, Time, Location of each review made.
- JoomD API for integration and bridging with other platform and extensions to display specific public data and secure data. Similar to Google API or any other API in perspective.
The exact release date is still not out for this version. But we’re trying our best to release this new version as soon as possible. We will have a definite release date once we gain some considerable development for JoomD.